Tuesday, January 16, 2007

All About Me!

Wow! This is my first blog! I suppose I should talk about myself. (Duh, that's the point of a blog you idiot!) Well... I go to a small (itty bitty!) private school in Southern California. I know what you're thinking "You're from the OC! You are so cool!" Okay, so you weren't thinking that. Honestly, I'm as white and nerdy as they come (love that song! LOL). I'm a complete science fiction addict, hence the name "scifi lemon". See, I AM a nerd! I used "hence" in a sentence!

I am currently obsessed with possibly the coolest scifi show ever: Stargate Atlantis!!! *Waits for cheers for such a great show and gets none* Cough, well... guess I'm the only one who likes it here? See there's another reason to post, tell me how much you love it!

I have been a HUGE book worm for most of my life and so I figured "Hey, why not try some writing myself?" So I wrote a few things for SGA, as fans call Stargate Atlantis, and posted it. I was terrified. Would anybody like it? Heck, would anybody READ it? Sure enough, people did, and they reviewed, telling me how great I am and how much they love me. I was completely shocked. I'm just some weird newb and people are complementing my writing skills. Totally mind-blowing. Every time I post, more reviews come in! It's like some horrible not-so-vicious cycle!

Until recently, I had kept this secret of how deep my nerdom went (after all, isn't writing ff the zenith of geekness?) from my friends. However, I recently graced my 'inner circle', aka Shorty and Orange Cow, with knowledge of my fanfics. I told them of my deepest, dorkest secret, and they wanted to read it!!!! I was like, "You want to WHAT??!!" I freaked out. It's embarrassing (and not just for the whole 'nerd' thing either). Don't ask me why, it's just the way I feel.

Anyway, if YOU, the person reading my pathetic excuse of a blog, wishes to read it go to http://www.fanfiction.net/~scifilemon to read my SGA fanfics. For those of you who don't really know the show or scifi in general, read "To Build a Nuke". There's no scifi content, just an insight into one of the lives of the characters before they 'joined the show".

It's the story of a young genius who's the freak and outsider of his school. He's in love with the beautiful Linda Walters. In a rare conversation with her (he usually just admires her from afar) he finds out, or rather thinks (he's not very good with people) that the 'reason' that Linda can't be with him is because her friends think he's a loser, which he is. When the school science fair comes up, Rodney decides that the only way to impress her is to do something spectacular for the fair and win it. With the help of his younger sister Jeanie, he builds the biggest thing in the 20th century: the atomic bomb (hence the name, 'To Build a Nuke'). Little does Rodney know that he's not impressing the right kind of people... and lands himself in a mess of trouble.

Sound interesting? Yes, no, maybe, kinda, sorta? I've got chapter 3 up so read it and drop me a line. Stay tuned for more news from...

The Lemon Tree!!!!!!




No comments: